Rankings updated 1/20
1. Saint Stephen’s & St. Agnes (15-2)–Nice low(er) scoring slugfest win against Bullis last week. Two IAC games this week for the Saints.
2. Paul VI (13-4)–Lost to Oak Hill in a tournament in Missouri. In the northeast right now versus another national power, then Ireton and St. John’s this week.
3. South County (14-1)–The week of truth is here, with Patriot contenders Fairfax and Lake Braddock on the docket.
4. Episcopal (9-4)–Upset by John Paul the Great but did register a good win versus Flint Hill. Big one at Bullis later this week, a loss likely means no 1-2 seed at IAC Tourney.
5. Centreville (10-3)–Host Madison and at Oakton in the rugged Concorde before making up game with tough Oxon Hill (MD) next weekend.
6. Bishop Ireton (9-9)–Continue to get some nice wins including ones against MAC teams Flint Hill and Potomac School.
7. Yorktown (14-1)–Big one at home versus South Lakes on Tuesday. Patriots can’t afford to lose to W-L (done) and South Lakes at home, because the #3 seed in the Liberty is not what they want come tourney time.
8. Flint Hill (11-7)–Three this week with a big one Thursday against dangerous John Paul the Great. Important week for the Huskies who are up and down from week to week.
9. John Champe (12-3)–At Independence and at Patriot this week. A win at the Pioneers would really impress us–Patriot is playing very well. But so is Champe.
10. Edison (11-2)–Rebounded from the loss to Wakefield well with a nice win at Marshall Friday night.
11. West Potomac (10-4)–Really looking good with very impressive Gunston double-digit wins versus T.C. Williams and at Annandale. Hayfield is going to be a war this week.
12. Potomac School (7-7)–Struggling a little bit with injuries right now, but better now than in February.
13. Fairfax Christian (12-7)–Lost a couple games due to weather and forfeit so schedule a little light right now. Might not lose for a while.
14. Loudoun Valley (10-3)–Five home games in a row for the Vikings. First one is against a Tuscarora team playing much better now, but the Vikings should be 12-5 come next week. Nice balanced team here.
15. South Lakes (12-3)–Big one is at #7 Yorktown on Tuesday. Should be a war. Seahawks lead the Liberty and are the presumptive favorites there until somebody proves otherwise. Period.
16. John Paul the Great (8-7)–Huge win versus Episcopal puts JPTG back in the rankings. Would have been higher but a lot of teams in the Nova Nineteen won this week. Chance to very likely rejoin the top ten if the Wolves beat Flint Hill.
17. Stone Bridge (10-2)–Host Freedom and at Potomac Falls in a couple of games that will go a long way toward sorting out the Potomac District. Won an instant classic two overtime win over a tough Riverside team last week.
18. Freedom-South Riding (10-5)–Big double-digit win over Potomac Falls, and a chance to take control in the Potomac this week with games versus Stone Bridge and Briar Woods. Lance Johnson is the key in both those games (and many others).
19. Potomac (12-3)–Statement win with the rout of Hylton to take the lead in the Cardinal District.
Others Receiving Votes–Lake Braddock (10-3), Fairfax (10-4), Wakefield (8-5), Washington-Liberty (8-5), Madison (10-5), O’Connell (8-11), Patriot (11-4)